Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day


Our little family after church. Carly was snoozing...


Mother's Day is forever changed for me - I am a mommy now! It's great. God has given me a perfect little person who calls me Mommy (or she will when she learns to talk anyway). We went to church, and I got a corsage for having the youngest child at church. Grandmother got the one for being the oldest mother at church, so that was kind of neat. She will be 88 years old next Thursday. ;o)



We had a great day. We ate lunch at Mama's, and most of Carly's family was there. All of her grandparents and great grandparents were there so that was great!



Carly is growing more and more everyday. I weighed with her on Mama's scales last night, and she was a whopping 12 pounds! Can't wait for her 2 month appt. to see how much she has grown since her 2 week appointment. She is becoming more alert everyday and beginning to smile, not only in her sleep but in response to people. She is making more and more noises, and I think she will be laughing out loud before long. She also has a very strong mouth!!! This morning I put her in the bed with James while I was getting ready for church, and she was a little fussy. Apparently she was in search of something to eat b/c when James went to get ready for church I looked at his chest, and he had a hickey!!! She was rootin around for breakfast, and Daddy didn't have what she was looking for. She sure tried though!

No comments:

Post a Comment