Wednesday, June 24, 2009

James' 27th Birthday

We recently celebrated James' 27th birthday, or according to James, we re-celebrated his 21st birthday!!! I thought women were supposed to be the ones who struggled with getting older. I think his is an issue of not wanting to grow up though!!! It was during the work week so we just ate supper at my mom's house, and I baked him a special "Dale, Jr." birthday cake. I tried to make it with fondant icing (the really smooth pretty icing) like I had seen "Cake Boss" on TLC do, but mine didn't exactly turn out like the ones on tv! It was still fun to make though, and I will probably look for another recipe and try it again in the future. Might not have looked exactly like I wanted it to, but it tasted pretty good!

Brayden, Wesley, and Lindsay were also in town to help us celebrate James' birthday. They were on their way to the beach on vacation. Brayden was very excited to sing the Happy Birthday song to Uncle James! He even helped to blow out the candles - in other words, he christened James' cake. ;o)
Brayden helping blow out the candles
Mommy, Daddy, and Carly
This is what happens when Daddy drives the stroller! Wheelies!

Daddy and his little girl on his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment