Monday, June 15, 2009

OUCH!!! Shots!

This is actually the dress she came home from the hospital in. We had to wear it to the Turkey Banquet, but forgot to take her picture that night so we wore it to church last Sunday for revival.
Kinda blurry b/c she moved, but too cute. (I have to figure out what setting on my camera to do to prevent this blurriness when she moves!)








Who you lookin at????

We went for Carly's 2 month visit to the pediatrician today, and yes, she had to get the dreaded SHOTS!!! ;o( She did very well though. We gave her Tylenol at the doctor's office, and every 4 hours after that until bedtime, and she seems to be doing fine - a little fussier than usual, but not bad at all. She is sleeping peacefully now. We hope that she sleeps her normal 8 -9 hours! She is an angel for sleeping that long at night - I am so blessed to have a good baby.
Carly really was a trooper today. After her doctor's appointment, I had several errands to run in Hattiesburg. She slept and was very well behaved for most of the time. The only time she got upset was at the end of our Walmart run, but she had a tummy ache and a dirty diaper - who wouldn't be upset??!! After all the errands, we came home and had corn to put up. She slept out in the shop with Nanna for the most part while Granddaddy and I shucked and silked, then woke up and played with Granddaddy while I helped cut the corn off the cob. Hope she's feeling up to the same thing tomorrow morning!!!

Dr. Merritt said Carly was growing just fine. She weighed 12 lbs. and 10 oz. and is 24 1/2 inches long. That is the 80th percentile for weight and 97th percentile for height. She doesn't have a choice but to be tall!!! She was also very alert and strong for her age, according to the pediatrician.

I have an interesting story to share. Carly has an adorable polka dot swimsuit from Gymboree. Since Jamie and Mark are getting a pool I decided she will probably be swimming and needed a sun hat to go with it so the sun wouldn't be in her eyes. The only polka dot hats they had left were 12 months and older, so I asked the lady to check in the back for smaller sizes. A manager came out and said she didn't have any more in the back so she came and double checked the shelf for me. No luck. She thought for a minute and said she had some hats in the back from last year and she would go check to see if she had one that matched the bathing suit. She also said they were really cheap. I was thinking like five dollars or something. She comes out with several in her hand. We try matching them to the bathing suit and narrow it down to two that are really cute. She says she is going to go ring them up to see how much they are.. Are you ready???? The darn things rang up for 19 cents a piece!!! That's right, 19 freaking cents!!! I walked out of Gymboree after having spent 40 whole cents on two absolutely adorable sunhats that probably orignally cost 13 or 14 dollars each! I started to ask her did she have any clothes from last year back there, but I decided not to press my luck. I just might next time though. ;o)
I am attaching a few recent pictures. I have some from tonight of her smiling, even after shots; however, I have not gotten them loaded onto the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment